Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Wedding DIY - Part 1 - DCWV Nesting Boxes

Hello! If you follow me on Instagram, you know my little sister's wedding was just this past weekend. It was a DIY wedding and I had the chance to get creative with several things. I'll be sharing it all over the next couple of weeks, starting with two projects I made with DCWV's nesting boxes:


If you head to JoAnn's (in store or online here) you can find the boxes. They come in white, gray, kraft and assorted colors. You get 12 boxes with lids in each set. I used several boxes from the white set to create these prizes for my sister's bridal shower games.


A little tulle ribbon and a silk flower made for easy and pretty packaging. The prizes were Bracelet Bar bracelets by Blue Moon Beads (see my youtube video about those here).


I used the gray set to create these succulent planters for her reception centerpieces. I foiled the H picks with my Heidi Swapp Minc machine and cut them out with a Spellbinders die.


I lightly spray painted the boxes with a stone finish paint. Because the succulents didn't need much water, it didn't matter that the boxes were paper. My sister loved the concrete look and tiny price tag ;).

You can see my post about these boxes on the DCWV blog here. Thanks for stopping by today! Tessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!