Sunday, January 4, 2015

The Year of the Colorful Pixie - The Studio Challenges

Hello and happy Sunday! There's a new challenge up at The Studio Challenges that I thought was a great way to start off 2015. The challenge is to create a page reflecting back on 2014. While my design team friends took the challenge to heart and highlighted important moments on their beautiful layouts, I didn't take the challenge quite so seriously.


While my stylist - my sister - was coloring my hair a couple of weeks ago, she made the comment that during 2014 I had been every color of the hair rainbow. Nearly black, blond, red and now brunette. I thought selfies of my various, colored pixies would make a great layout, and a fun response to The Studio challenge.


In an effort to work through my stash a bit, I used the Kate and Co. line by My Mind's Eye to create this page. I thought the florals were totally me, and the chipboard was perfect for accenting my little photos.


The little alphas are from the Target dollar spot. I bought three sheets, I love them so much :). The large gold alphas are Pink Paislee.


Don't tell my sister, who wanted me to stay red, but I kind of miss the red. I do love having dark hair again, though, and I really don't think I'll ever do blond again. As for the pixie, I'm growing it out a bit so that I can go longer between hair appointments, but I don't think I'll ever stop wearing my hair short. I wonder what kind of pixies 2015 will bring?


If you're up for the challenge, visit The Studio Challenges here. Thanks for stopping by today! Tomorrow I'll be kicking off a special week of blog posts, complete with videos and giveaways, so I hope you'll visit again soon. Have a good one! Tessa

3 comments:

  1. Adorable layout, Tessa, and even more adorable selfies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really love this layout, tessa. so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous, Tessa! I adore all the shiny gold bits, especially paired with those colorful florals! Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!