Thursday, September 11, 2014

Miracles - DCWV


I had the special assignment to create something for the DCWV blog today. I am grateful that DCWV wanted to observe today in some way. We discussed it as a design team, and we decided that we wanted to put something out there that was hopeful and positive, yet reflective. I found a quotation on Pinterest that I thought was fitting, for today and for all the other dark days that seem insurmountable. With an Ikea frame, the Melon Twist stack, and some other specialty papers by DCWV, I put this together:


I started with a 5x7 piece of patterned paper, then added a 4x6 piece of corrugated paper. I distressed the top of the corrugated piece by gently tearing the very top layer of paper from the corner. The way it worked out on this piece was perfect. I suggest going slow and practicing on scraps you might have.


The next layers are vellum (from the printed 6x6 vellum stack) and two 3x4 cards from the Melon Twist stack. I embellished with paper flowers, felt leaves, thread, and some mist splatters.


I typed up the quotation and printed it onto cardstock, then trimmed out the words and adhered them to the assemblage. I added it to the frame by putting it in front of the glass.

You can find my post at DCWV here (if you came here from there - thank you for visiting!). I hope you experience a miracle today, big or small, giving or receiving. Tessa

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!