Thursday, August 21, 2014

Thursday Thoughts

Hello! It's funny how my recently quiet blog isn't reflecting real life at the moment. Real life is anything but quiet with school starting this week.


This year is quite the year for our little family. Colten started junior high, Carson is on his last year of elementary school, and Jaxon started kindergarten. Lots of firsts and lasts this year. I'm adjusting to two schools and three different schedules, which will change as Colten starts school sports soon.


Adlyn is adjusting to having only Mom home during the day to entertain her. Mom is adjusting to her constant cries for attention. ;)


But in all the craziness, I've been impressed to do my very best to take it all in. The time I have left with Colten and Carson at home is shorter than the time I've had with them so far. The school years will go by faster, the summers will seem more brief, and soon, they'll be leaving the nest. A feeling of near panic sets in inside my chest from time to time when I think of how little direct, at-home influence I have left over their precious lives. It makes me want to be a better mom, better person.

And better wife. Josh and I just celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary over the weekend. A dozen years done and an eternity to go :).

As for the crafty stuff you probably visit here for, I've been busy there, too! I just don't have much to share at the moment. September will be absolutely full of projects, though, so the blog drought won't be long ;).

Thanks for stopping by and letting me speak from my mama heart today. Have a good one! Tessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!