Saturday, July 5, 2014

Gelatos and Lace Hello Card - Love My Tapes

Hello! I was bit by the gelato bug a few months ago and finally purchased more colors to play with this past week. Knowing that I had a project coming up at the Love My Tapes blog, I decided to experiment by dyeing lace tape with gelatos:


I started with strips of white lace tape which I adhered to a pre-cut piece of watercolor paper. I applied gelato directly to the lace and then used a wet brush to saturate the lace, spreading the color through each strip. When I had finished all four strips, I blended the colors a bit by adding more gelato and water. The 140 lb watercolor paper handled it beautifully and the adhesive on the lace tape held perfectly.


I embellished with gold brads and gold alpha stickers.


I learned that gelatos can be messy, which is great for making art, but not so great for keeping white paper white. I somehow got a little crumb of gelato on my finger, and when I was attaching a brad, it wiped onto my paper, which I had intended to keep white. So, I improvised, and made those watercolor bubbles at the top. Tip: keep your hands and work surface clean if you want your white paper to stay blemish-free ;).

You can see my post at the Love My Tapes blog here. Thanks for visiting today! Tessa

5 comments:

  1. This is very pretty! Love how the bits of gold finish it off so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty and I love how you were able to turn a smudge into a thing of beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your accident was a happy one. The card is fantastic and the watercolor bubbles at the top are a nice add. So glad to have found you through the Moxie Fab World.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!