Friday, January 20, 2012

Winter Blossoms

Happy Friday, all! I am getting ready to ship off all of my CHA assignments, but wanted to say hello first. While I was working on my layouts for the GCD Studios booth, I decided to take a little mental break and make something completely unrelated. I had just read the Winter Blossoms challenge at MoxieFab World earlier that day and thought that a card was the perfect mini project to rejuvenate my creativity. This is the inspiration:


And this is my take:


I was inspired by shape, color, and the festive feel. I made my round flowers by die-cutting layers of vintage book paper. I then colored each flower with Twinkling H2O's (watercolors with shimmer) and secured the centers with pearl brads.


If you look closely in the photo, you can see a circle garland between the pom poms, so I mimicked that look with some gold, circle confetti. A few drops of gray mist helped add to the confetti look and brought out the text in the flowers.


I made the sentiment with an SRM Sticker, using only the words "to you" so that I can use this card for just about anything one day in the future. I believe the entire sentiment is really "Happy Birthday to you" :).


You can find the Winter Blossoms challenge here. Thanks for stopping by today! Tessa

6 comments:

  1. what an elegant and simply beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card. The touch of confetti is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so beautiful! I love the soft color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Love the colors and the confetti!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely take on the challenge, Tessa! This card is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Tessa! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!