Friday, November 11, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude: Day 11, Designer Friday

Today I am grateful for the veterans who have served our country, for the sacrifices that they and their families have made, and for the blessings that those sacrifices allow me to enjoy. I'm grateful that my brother-in-law has made it home safe this week from a tour in Iraq. I'm grateful for a day of remembrance today, and I'm grateful for all of the tributes to our soldiers that I am seeing everywhere. 

One such place is Operation Write Home. If you aren't familiar with this organization, you really should read up on them. They collect handmade cards and ship them to our servicemen and women, who then use those cards to write home to their loved ones. They are holding an amazing blog hop today, and SRM Stickers is a part of it, as well as many other fabulous manufacturers. If you have a chance, please join in. There are prizes to be had, inspiration galore, and you can learn more about OWH. I hope to get another batch of cards made really soon :).

It's also Designer Friday, and I am thrilled to be bringing you projects by Mandy Koeppen with the Vintage Poinsettia line! This line is pink, coral, dark green, white and gold - a little nontraditional, but still very festive. Mandy has created a layout and two gorgeous cards (with tons of product left for more - stay tuned!).

Using the green snowflake from the sampler...


Using the pink poinsettia fabric flower and coral tulle from the sampler...


Using a felt rose and wired leaf...


I just love everything :). Thank you so much, Mandy! You can find the Vintage Poinsettia line here. Next Friday Amanda Jones is sharing what she did with the Very Merry line, and early next month we will be seeing even more holiday projects from these talented ladies. 

Happy Veterans Day and have a wonderful weekend! Tessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!