Monday, August 1, 2011

Scrap Rat August Kit

Hello!  We are riding roller coasters today, but I just had to share the Scrap Rat August kit with you! I'm on a major navy blue kick right now, and this kit just fueled my frenzy :). I created two layouts, a card and a mini album that I am really excited about, but for today I'll just share this layout:


I took this photo of Jaxon recently while we were visiting with some neighbors in our driveway.  He wanted to climb up on the car, which was parked up against a flowering bush. The backdrop was so pretty I just had to snap a photo, and of course, I got the "cheesy grin".


The flowers in the photo inspired me to use the crocheted flowers from the kit, as well as several accordion fold rosettes that I fashioned from patterned papers in the kit.  I just love this blue! The "2" from a sheet of Pink Paislee paper made for the perfect title.


I used barnwood and white Mr. Huey mists, as well as my new favorite Glimmer Mist - Bell Bottom Jeans - on the background.  To create my leaves, I die cut leaves from pages of the vintage book text in the kit.  I colored the leaves by dipping a paintbrush into my Olive Vine Glimmer Mist and painting it onto the leaves. I love seeing the text through the color :).


I didn't want to journal on the dark background paper, so I tucked a journaling card from the kit behind my photo. Easy peasy :). The kit is now live and you can find it here, along with the rest of the design team's work. Thanks for stopping by today! I hope your Monday is as exciting as mine is hopefully turning out to be :).  Tessa

2 comments:

  1. that picture is hilarious! love that you hid your journaling and let the page do it's talking...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very cute page. I love the colors you used for it too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!