Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Guest Designer Diana Waite

Please welcome Diana Waite, Precocious Paper's February guest designer! 


My name is Diana Waite, I live in the valley of the SUN in Arizona. I’m blessed to be a soccer mom, to 3 great kiddos ages 8, 10, 12. I’ve been married for 13 1/2 years to a wonderful man who supports my creative habits.   I started scrapbooking as a teenager, cutting strange shapes with shaped scissors, glueing with cement & hot glue. I’ve come a long way since then! I enjoy playing with anything paper, and crafting. I’ve been published in Scrapbook Trends, and several online magazines. I’ve also been featured on several manufacturer’s blogs including: Melissa Frances, Lilibee Designs, Bella Blvd., Cosmo Cricket, Creating Keepsakes, and American Crafts.


Even though I saved her work for March 1st, her projects were worth the wait!  Diana was sent the March Sampler, "A Walk in the Woods", and wow!  Diana's creativity nearly knocked me off my chair :).


How fabulous is this bookmark?  Diana sewed down the center of the apple green satin ribbon, attached the end to the Tattered Leather Dyed Cardboard Flower, and added two of the wired leaves.  I think I'm going to make one of these very soon :).



Diana altered a photo holder with the Amy Butler Dancing Paisley Fabric and Felt Flower, the brown paper ribbon, the teal sheer ribbon, and the leaf stick pin.  Gorgeous!


And how cute is Diana's lapel with these blossoms pinned to it?  So simple and pretty :).  And even after all that craftiness, Diana still has plenty of flowers to create with.  Hmmm, maybe someday we'll see a layout with "A Walk in the Woods"?  Diana is a fabulous scrapper and you can read more about her and her work on her blog here.  Thank you so much, Diana! 

Would you like to be a guest designer for Precocious Paper, or possibly a design team member?  A design team call is coming soon!  Have a wonderful day! Tessa

3 comments:

  1. Love the projects! The photo holder is such a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy for Diana! I loveeeeeeee her creations! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks girls! Thank you Tessa! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!