Friday, October 15, 2010

Designer Friday

Happy Friday everyone!  I have two more wonderful and talented designers to share with you today, Windy and Mandie.

Meet Windy: I'm the mother of 5 year old Campbell and 2 year old Hadley, and the wife of wonderful Brian. We reside in Loveland, Ohio-- a suburb on the east side of Cincinnati. I've been scrapbooking for about 12 years, and started making cards a little over a year and a half ago. Since then I have fallen head over heels in love with card making, and have been fortunate to have my work published in Paper Crafts and Cards magazine. In my spare time I enjoy hanging out with my family and volunteering in my community. If I can do something helpful and creative everyday, I'm a happy girl!

Windy has created a beautiful gift tag and photo frame - a gorgeous gift, don't you think?


Windy took a $1.00 frame from Michaels and transformed it with a Tim Holtz mask, walnut stain distress ink, and a Falling Leaves Fabric and Felt Flower.


Windy created the tag in much the same way, but altered the size of the Falling Leaves flower by removing the bottom layers of fabric and felt.



Meet Mandie: I've always loved crafting! When I had my first daughter 4 1/2 years ago my aunt introduced my to scrapbooking! She bought me a basket of supplies and I was HOOKED! Scrapbooking and paper crafting was that missing "something" that I had been looking for. I like to think that my style is still evolving and right now I mostly scrap two page layouts. I also feel like no layout of mine is complete unless it has flowers, ribbon and/or buttons! I also enjoy making cards with my scraps from past projects. Luckily my husband of nine years is very understanding about my love of scrapbooking! We also have a beautiful 1 1/2 year old daughter whom I am currently working on baby pages of! I love to scrap not only our family adventures but also the little everyday moments. I'm so excited to be a part of the Precocious Paper team!

Mandie is my go-to girl for two-page layouts, something I should play with more.  She created this sweet layout with a Primrose Lace and Felt Flower.


This fun layout includes my I *heart* Halloween Embellishments and an Orange Glitter Tulle and Felt Flower.  I love how the orange pieces of the Halloween set worked so well for a hayride theme.


Mandie used one of my favorite colors in my lace and felt line, Grass Green.  I love the way it looks paired with all those pretty fall papers and the deep teal background.


Inspired?  How about a little reward for my blog readers: purchase any of the products featured today and receive 25% off of those items.  Just type "designer friday" into the box during checkout (or convo or email me) and I will quickly send you a refund via PayPal.  You have through Sunday to take advantage of this offer.  Shop here.

I will be back later today with my layout for Scrap That Poetry, including one of my favorite Precocious Paper goodies :).  Thank you Windy and Mandie, and have a great Friday! Tessa

2 comments:

  1. Great projects girls!! Definitely inspired... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwwwwwww! These are ALL GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!