Friday, October 8, 2010

Designer Friday

 Welcome to the first Precocious Paper Designer Friday!  I'm excited to share with you projects from two of my fabulous designers - Suzanne and Heidi - as well as a little bit about them.

I am a 28 year old wife (2 years in November, I guess I can't say newlywed anymore ;), dog mom to a Jaxon (while impatiently awaiting babies) and first grade teacher. Scrapbooking is my stress relief, my creative outlet, my paper passion :). My crafting experience includes blogging, teaching a few classes at my local LSS, and most recently video/photo tutorials.  I participate in many forums, groups, and communities, where I have gained so much inspiration and expanded my paper crafting from scrapbooking, to include cards, altered art, and canvases.

Suzy also co-runs the challenge blog The Paper Variety (for which I am blessed to design), and she also has her own Etsy shop where she sells gorgeous handmade cards, albums, and canvases.

Suzy says, "Tessa's new fall flowers aren't just for fall :). I used one on this summer layout of my husband and I at our new favorite restaurant."  I love how Suzy combined a Fabric and Felt Flower from the Autumn Splendor Bouquet and the Basic Gray Origins line:



Hi!  I’m Heidi Myers and I’ve been paper crafting for as long as I can remember.  (Remember making paper chains in elementary school?)  I got into scrapbooking 7 years ago when my son was born and have been absolutely addicted to all things paper, paint, and embellishments ever since.  My 7-y-o son and 5-y-o daughter are my main subjects, but occasionally my husband, my family and friends, me, and inanimate objects find their way into my projects, too.  I’m the co-founder and co-sketch artist for the Sketchy Thursdays challenge blog with my good friend Diana Fisher.  I am on the design teams for Scrap That Poetry, Category Stories, and The Pink Ninjas.  I am also a staffer and contributing writer for Scrapbook News and Review, the largest online paper crafting magazine.  When I’m not crafting, I love cooking, baking, and reading.  I’m so excited to be working with Tessa and her amazing Precocious Paper products!

Heidi created two simply beautiful cards with Fabric and Felt Flowers.  First, she combined an Ecru Botanical Fabric and Felt Flower with this gorgeous wide ribbon.  I love how these flowers can make a big, beautiful statement without a lot of fuss.


Next, she layered ribbons and fibers under a Fabric and Felt Flower from the Fruit Punch Bouquet.  This particular bloom is made with Amy Butler fabric.  I would love to be the birthday girl!


Inspired?  How about a special?  This weekend only (now through October 10th), receive 25% off of the products featured by the designers today - Fruit Punch Bouquet, Autumn Splendor Bouquet, and the Ecru Botanical Fabric and Felt Flowers.  Type "Designer Friday" into the box at checkout (or convo me or email me) and I will send you a refund or an adjusted invoice.

Very soon I will have the designer page up here at the blog, where you can read more about my fabulous team and get linked up to all their scrappy places.

Have a fantastic day!  Tessa

6 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!