Sunday, July 11, 2010

A tough one...

Challenge, that is.  I found the new challenge at The Studio to be a difficult one for me!  I love that about Amanda - her challenges are always so different.  This week she has challenged us to use only cardstock, patterned paper, and alpha stickers on a layout.  Hmmmm.... No mist, no paint, no stitching, no fabric, no buttons, no ribbon, no trim....  I sat down to plan it out and ran into a brick wall!  My first instinct was to fussy-cut some pretty floral papers and find some photos to match, but then I found this photo strip of our little family, pre-Jaxon.  Florals would not do, so I went a different route:


I raided my freshly organized small scraps drawer.  I chose papers with red, light blue, and yellow in them, then handcut them into little strips.  I made a box, punched a few hearts and some border pieces, then glued it all down.  I really love the way it turned out - simple, easy, quick and perfect for my photo strip.  Now, if I'd been allowed to go farther, I would probably stitch through the center of my strips and mist my background.  I think I'll be scrap-lifting myself someday soon :).


I hope to see you at The Studio! Stop by the blog for details on how to play, or join the Facebook page to stay up-to-date with sneak peeks and posts.  Visit www.facebook.com/thestudiochallenges and click "like".  And remember, Cosmo Cricket is July's sponsor :).

Enjoy your day! Tessa

6 comments:

  1. Another cute layout by the amazing Tessa! :) I love that you used kraft for your background, it makes the colors pop off the page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rocked that challenge....I have been thinking about it since I saw everyone's take on it!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this layout! it's perfectly simple...i actually think i'm going to scraplift it, i love it so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adore this LO! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this layout soooo very much that I scraplifted it. I am sure to use this design again in the future as well. :)

    Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. saw this over at Darlene's blog and just wanted to say how much I loved this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!