Thursday, February 4, 2010

Elizabeth Jean

Elizabeth is my baby sister.  We are eleven years apart, and yet we are alike in a lot of ways.  She's an amazing person, so I just had to use this amazing sketch from Diana and Sketchy Thursdays to make a page about her.

Here's the new sketch:


Meet Elizabeth:


Do you see the machine stitched border?  I have been dying to machine stitch on a layout for years, and I finally gave it a try with a borrowed sewing machine (thanks, Melinda!).  I think I'm putting a sewing machine on my wishlist now!  I loved the result and am excited to get to know the sewing machine better :). 


I also stitched across the blue pleated paper border, and attached it to a chipboard bracket painted with Tim Holtz (*sigh*) crackle paint.  I misted the kraft cardstock with jazz blue, olive vine, and dazzling diamonds Glimmer Mists, so the layout shimmers.  I just love the texture this page has (and Elizabeth liked it a lot, too!).


We had a record number of participants this past week - let's break it!  Join us with this wonderful new sketch.  I'd love to see what you come up with!  For all the details and last week's faves/winner, go here.

Have a wonderful Thursday! Tessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :). If you don't see your comment appear right away, don't fret. I'm screening for spam and will approve your post as soon as I can. Have a great day!